Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mall Walking and Kathy Ireland

Friday my plans were thrown completely out of the window, since I got called in to substitute at my wife's school for half of a day. That put me behind, but I was looking for ways to get creative to replace my missed cardio session. Later in the day, I found myself at a local mall, waiting for Lisa to meet me, when she called to say she would be delayed. At the spur of the moment, I did a 45 minute mall walk - simply walking around the perimeter of the public areas, interior areas of the mall. This was a fairly good sized mall, with two floors, so I got to do some fair exercise and people watch at the same time. Of course, it was Friday late afternoon crowds, and I wasn't dressed in exercise clothes, so I didn't do it at the intensity I would normally do a cardio, but it elevated my heart rate, worked up a bit of a sweat and most importantly burned some calories.

That night I was going through some older DVDs in our collection and ran across some older aerobic workouts. I popped one in the DVD player and spent 30 minutes on a low-impact, low-intensity session with Kathy Ireland. It was a great change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment