Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Blog of my Long Journey into a Lesser Me

I was always the athletic guy when I was younger. In high school it was football, baseball and wrestling. In the US Army I was the guy leading PT and road marches while calling cadence for group runs and ran 10k races. I ate a lot but worked out a lot. When I got out of the army in 1993, my working out drastically cut back but my weight steadily increased. At one time I had ballooned up to 295. Several times I'd started diet and exercise programs to tackle the problem. In every instance I took after it with too high an intensity and ended up with training injuries, and my assault on my weight would end.

Now at 49, my blood pressure and blood sugar are getting elevated, and I am facing many more health problems if I don't stop carrying around all of this extra me. I need to get smaller - Be-littled if you will. I have been working at it a couple weeks now, and last week's weig in I was at 275, after starting my journey at 282. I'm working on a combination of a healthy diet and sensible, low impact cardio and strength training to get to the littler me I want to be.

My goals are:
This Week: Below 275 (Not a big goal, I know, but this is a week with a lot of issues, and I am planning for that)
Middle term goal: Below 260
Long term Goal: Below 225
Ultimate Goal: Maintain 185-190.

Also I want to become healthier in my life and to provide an inspiration to my wife to motivate her to do the things she needs to do to live a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment