Saturday, March 27, 2010

I am Belittled - This Week at Least!

End of the week and time to review my goals and my journals to see how I did. Also it is time to face the ultimate test - to see what the scale says.

It was a challenging week - in that I was back to work. This brings all the challenges of trying to maintain my exercise and diet goals while shuffling many more responsibilities. over all, I did well.

My diet/calorie intake was good - keeping solidly within the 1800-2200/day zone that is my target. Of the seven days this week i missed my goal twice. In one I was slightly over - a bit of unwise late night snacking - and one I was a bit under. 

It is a good point to bring up in that eating too little, especially when you are working in an exercise program. While eating too much will defeat your weight loss goals, eating too little can mean your body will start using your muscles and bones to help fuel it, something that can lead to injury. 

Neither of the times I was outside my target calorie intake was it a major problem - I was 100 calories high and 75 calories low. This included going out twice to eat. During the week we went out and I simply made some good choices for calories and portion control. Last night I went with my wife for sushi. I ate light during the day so I could afford the extra calories.

My exercise was great, although a struggle from a convenience standpoint. A lot of last minute scheduling commitments and some bad weather made me change a lot of my workout plans. I ended up substituting an exercise DVD at home for my planned workouts twice. Yesterday I had planned a cardio workout at my school's track after work, but they were doing maintenance. Instead, I decided to walk home. 70 minutes later I had a nice walk and a decent cardio (hauling my bag with me helped).

It was worth it at the weigh-in. Despite it being a challenging week, I managed a two pound weight loss. Better yet, I busted through the 270 barrier and stood at 269.

Here are the numbers:

High Weight:        295
Last Week's Weight: 271
Current Weight:     269

This week's loss:     2
Total Loss           26

Next week's Goal:   267
Short Term Goal:    260
Medium term Goal:   250
Long Term Goal:     200
Ultimate Goal:      Hit and maintain 190

No comments:

Post a Comment