Monday, March 8, 2010

Bad News - Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure Way Up

My wife, who has been diabetic for over 20 years, suggested I use her blood suger tester to see what my blood sugar level was. A prick of the finger, a drop of blood and the reading was...

315.

OMG, that reading is worse than my wife gets on her bad days, like when she has eaten breakfast without taking her insulin. The next day I took it again: 280. Still way bad. I also know my blood pressure is elevated. All severe medical situations that are brought on and complicated by my weight.

Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. Obesity is a major factor in people with high blood pressure and diabetes. Good news, both can be treated with medications, and even without medication with proper diet and exercise along with loss of weight. If I didn't need it before, I have even more motivation to shed these pounds off me.

No comments:

Post a Comment